Preparing a House for Sale - Tip 5: Your house should be thoroughly cleaned and odor-free
A smelly, dirty home is a major turnoff for potential buyers, who may fear the house won't be able to be brought up to their standards.
Once you have de-cluttered (or while decluttering), it is time to give the place a thorough clean.
If you aren't sure how to get your house thoroughly clean, bringing in a cleaning service could be well worth the investment so the property can make its best impression.
Have buyers feeling ready to move in, there are some main areas you should bring them in:
· Clean out the pantry and wipe down the fridge as well as all the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen.
· Give the bathrooms a solid clean so that the shower, basins, and tubs looking fresh and sparkling and free of mould.
· Give all the windows a good clean inside and out.
· Give the linen cupboard standard clean, wipe the shelves out, and refold the linen so it looks neat and tidy.
· Vacuum all those hard-to-reach places under the bed, behind the couch, underneath the rug, and deeply clean aging stains on the carpet.